This concert is for the Basingstoke Lions Club, at Aldworth Science College on Saturday 2nd May at 7.30pm. The orchestra is put together ‘by invitation’ and is conducted by Neil Streeter. We rehearsed with the singers on Sunday last, and they are fantastic.
The programme is comprised of lots of short pieces and is as follows:
- Wood – Horseguards Whitehall
- Young – Around the World in 80 Days
- Rogers & Hammerstein – South Pacific Medley
- Youmans arr. Shostakovitch – Tahiti Trot (Tea for Two)
- Lloyd Webber – Don’t Cry for me Argentina
- Themes from Pirates of the Caribbean
- Manilow – Copa Cabana
- Benjamin – Jamaican Rumba
- Mexican Hat Dance
- Freed & Brown – Singing in the Rain
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Menken & Ashman – Be our Guest (from Beauty & the Beast)
- Lady of Spain
- Bizet – The Toreador’s Song
- Lindsey-Clark – La Moinerie
- Wood – Montmartre
- Lerner & Lowe – Selection from Gigi
- Rogers & Sondheim – Do I Hear a Waltz?
- Lehar – Gold & Silver Waltz
- The Third Man Theme
- Rogers & Hammerstein – Selection from The Sound of Music
I think this concert might just turn out to be more fun than I’ve ever had in my entire life. Come along if you can!